Tuesday, February 14, 2012

SHARING OUR LIVES


                                                
A while back one of my friends sent me a video that was a New Years greeting. It was Auld Lang Syne being sung in Norwegian with some beautiful visual effects. A singer named Sissel Kyrkjebo from Norway sang the song. If ever an angel sang, this lady’s soprano voice would sound just like it. I shared it with few a friends and got some nice comments back. But the crux of my story is not how Sissel sings but how we find beauty and feelings on this earth in so many different places. I have talked about music before and have used its words in a lot my writings. So many of my memories seem to have a song tied to them.

Pictures are another inspiration and not only pictures about this earth and its creatures but also pictures that are a snap shot in time. Our memories are a wonderful way to visit the past and often a picture can open the floodgates and make remembering them so much more enjoyable. Especially when you are sharing them with someone else because they know exactly what you are talking about when they see it. There comes a time when life has nearly passed you by and about all you have left are your pictures and your memories.

I have found over the years that sometimes it’s very hard to transfer how you feel about things to another person. You want them to see things exactly as you see it but it’s just so hard to get on the same wavelength with them, because that’s how different we are. We are all unique in our own way and thinking and sometimes we have little choice but to keep it to ourselves. Every once in a while though you are moved so much, you have to share and you hope that this time, is the one time, they will feel like you do.

Feelings are another thing we share with others and be it friendship or a deep and abiding love for someone, you share this in the hope that they will reciprocate in kind. It’s not always successful and there is a certain amount of salesmanship involved in it. I remember the first time I told a woman I loved her and my biggest fear was she was going to say. “That’s nice.” But this one didn’t and she loved me for forty-nine years and I never stopped loving her to this day, even though she is no longer alive. Have I told others I loved them? Certainly because I believe the words ‘I love you’ can be all encompassing with different degrees of it. How I loved my wife and how I love my children and my friends, differs greatly, but anyway you look at it, it’s still love. Valentines day is right around the corner. It’s not just for lovers but a day when love does takes center stage. Be sure to tell someone you love them, because they need to hear it from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment